Monday, April 4, 2011

Wind and Lightning

Last night was one of the best nights we have had weather wise since summer. I was studying late for a test and when I went back to my room I was surprised at how warm it was. It was about sixty five degrees and very windy. A storm had just blown over and another one was one its way. I was almost to my room when I saw lightning light up the clouds in the horizon. I quickly decided to stay outside and enjoy the far off storm. Boy, was it beautiful about every thirty seconds flashes of lightning out outline the tall billowy clouds in the distance giving off a yellowish white glow. After about five minutes I went back to my room grabbed a camping chair, and sat on top of a hill with my RA watch one storm leave and other approach. The experience is hard to describe but it was sure worth staying outside to enjoy it. As the next rain started to fall a fresh spring, rain smell filled the air. Lightning spit the sky in several peaces and a pleasantly warm wind blew against your face.

1 comment:

  1. When there are wild storms and lightening... Allison goes outdoors and stands in it. Call me crazy, but it draws me like nothing else. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete