Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dying Eggs

Today I had so much fun watching Will dye egges. Before we started I was convinced that the whole ordeal was going to be one big mess. But to my great surprise Will did quite good at dying eggs. We started off by placing a egg in the dye and then helping Will take it out with a spoon. Eventually will was able to put the egg in himself and take it out of the cup with a spoon. Before we knew it, Will had his own system down. He would take an egg, plop it into the dye, point his finger commanding Mimzy (Grandma Vanlaningham) to take the egg and dye and set it would the other eggs. Then Mimzy would ask if he wanted another (he would nod his head yes). Once all the eggs where in the dye, he would take his spoon, inspect them and then either plop them back in to get more color or point with his finger (suggesting that the egg was done and should be placed on the drying rack) The whole time as Will plopped eggs in and stuck his little hand into the dye to retrieve the finished product his face lit up with intrigue and giggles.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cute! My sister-in-law once left her eggs in the dye so long that they were colored solid through! Probably Will was smarter. ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Did you take the background pic of the prairie? If yes, can I have it to use on my desktop? I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete