Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stop, Pray, and Listen

Have you ever heard the saying stop and pray before you start a search for a lost item. Well I had and apparently did a bad job of putting into practice the wise advise of friends and family. Last Tuesday I lost my cell phone and it was all due to the fact that I am an unorganized person. Anyway I lost it and was quite unable to reach the world (well at least by closest friends and family.) It was not until Wednesday that I started to seriously search for my phone and low and behold I was depending on my own means to find it. In the middle of my search I asked God to help me find my phone. I continued the search and as each day passed I started to lose hope that I would ever find my phone. Then tonight I had a conversation with my father. He was very calm and helped me run through the day that I lost it. Towards the end of the conversation he told me one vital thing. To stop and pray, asking God to give me a clear picture of where I had lost it. Although I had done this once before earlier in the week, I knew I needed to stop amidst my frantic searching and to depend on God for his help and depending only my strength alone. After I took a minute to pray several places came to mind of where I might find my phone. I took one more sweep, retracing my steps of Tuesday afternoon and finally came back to the room. I attempted to take another look around the room when I remembered the one place I did not look at all (my suitcase) I pulled it out from under my bed and low and behold there was my phone. There are several morals to this story. The first is that one should keep their stuff organized so that it is easy to find their stuff when they are in a hurry. Second and more importantly is that we need to depend on God and not our own wisdom or strength to help us get through the everyday things of life. No matter how big or small a problem may be, depending on God is a whole lot better than not.
- Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment